Support and advice for young people

Introducing our Young Person Advocate

Are you struggling with:

  • Bullying
  • Feeling low
  • Stress
  • Self-harm
  • Sex
  • Sexuality
  • Contraception (birth control)
  • Drugs
  • Drinking alcohol
  • Headaches
  • Skin problems, including acne
  • Weight issues
  • Diabetes
  • Asthma

You can come and discuss any of these problems (and any others) with a doctor or nurse. Alternatively, you can come speak to our “Young Person Advocate”, Molly. 

How to access the service:

An appointment can be made with any of the doctors or nurses in the practice by telephoning (01482) 847250.

Alternatively, if you are unsure about what to do you can speak to the Young Person Advocate, Molly. This can be done by simply asking one of our reception team if the Young Person Advocate is available to speak to. 

What will happen when you access the service

When you attend your appointment you need to tell the receptionist you have arrived.

The Doctor or nurse will call you for your appointment either by coming into the waiting room or by your name and notification appearing on the screen in the waiting room. Surgeries sometimes run a little behind so don’t worry if you don’t get called exactly at your appointment time (and prepare for this before your appointment to make sure you have plenty of time).

It is normal to feel a bit unsure when you first attend an appointment on your own. You can take a friend with you to an appointment if you feel this will make you more comfortable.

You can also speak to the Young Person Advocate (Molly) if you need to. She will be more than happy to help.

How the service is linked to other services

The doctor or nurse can refer you to another service if necessary. They may also provide you with information on any problem you may be concerned about which will have different options about treatment listed. You may also be given a telephone number to contact for certain services which you can do at your own pace when you feel comfortable.

Comments and feedback

If you have any comments about how this service is run and have any suggestions about how we can improve, then you can put this in writing using our “comments and feedback form” available on our comments and feedback page. Alternatively you can speak to our Young Person Advocate.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website